Many people are looking for ways to help individuals and communities affected by the recent hurricane. Below you will find many resources, both at a state-level and a local level, which can directly assist people in need in New Jersey. Please take a moment to find a match that works for you!
TO VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
- NJ Governor’s Office of Volunteerism: Call 1-800-JERSEY-7
- VolunteerMatch: www.volunteermatch.org
- JerseyCares: www.jerseycares.org
- **NEW POSTING** Salvation Army:The Salvation Army New Jersey Division currently needs groups of volunteers (corporate, church, service
clubs etc) to help with our Hurricane Sandy Relief effort by unloading and sorting donations. Our
warehouses are located in the following areas:
Hillside – groups are needed Monday through Saturday from 10am-3pm
Trenton – groups are needed Monday, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays from 10am-3pm.
Volunteers should be 18 years old or over.
Interested groups should contact Judith Anderson at Judith.Anderson@use.salvationarmy.org or
Jennifer Lee at Jennifer.Lee@use.salvationarmy.org.
TO DONATE GOODS/SUPPLIES
- Blankie Depot/Project Linus: Looking for donation of homemade quilts. Please see the following link for details: http://www.quiltviews.com/storm-relief-where-to-send-quilts
- Food Bank of New Jersey: 908-355-3663×221 or email@example.com
- Mercer County Drop-Off Locations: (NJ.com article with multiple local drop off locations) http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2012/11/hurricane_sandy_donation_drop-.html#incart_river
- Princeton University Supplies Drive: Drop off clothing, first aid, blankets, water, Hygiene Items or kids’ toys from 11/5 – 11/16 at Frist (1st floor) or in the Dillon Gym
- Camp Bow Wow, Lawrenceville: Call 609-689-3647. They are taking donations for the Animal Protection League in Monmouth County to give to homeless animals displaced from the storm.
- Firewood Needed: Drop off at Belmar Arts Council Building 608 River Road (at 7th Ave) in Belmar
TO MAKE A FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION
- Restore Our Shore: www.store.restoreourshore.com – Purchase Restore the Shore Tshirts & Swag to benefit small shore organizations (libraries, firehouses, etc…)
- Princeton Senior Resource Center: www.princetonsenior.org They are in need of store gift cards (Target, Walmart, ShopRite, etc..) to help seniors in Mercer County restock food and replace emergency supplies
- Team Rubicon: http://fundraise.teamrubiconusa.org/events/team-rubicon-hurricane-sandy-operation-greased-lighting/e21578 Team Rubicon pairs the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams into crisis situations.
- American Red Cross: www.redcross.org/sandy
- Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief Fund: www.SandyNJReliefFund.org
For Up-to-the-Minute Information please go to www.princetonscoop.com or www.princetonpatch.com or www.planetprinceton. They are all getting first responder information on outreach happening all over the state.