Friends of Hopewell Valley Open Space (FoHVOS) is seeking a Marketing Consultant! Read on to find out more…
Friends of Hopewell Valley Open Space
Organization Mission: (Strike Team)
We have mobilized a team of partners and volunteers united in our mission to:
– Protect our natural lands,
– Ensure the abundance and diversity of native plants and animals, and
– Prevent future damage through invasive species management.
Eliminating newly emerging invasive species can prevent pests from running rampant and becoming a widespread threat to our most pristine lands and rare species habitats.
Organizational Goals and Programming:
Marketing programs – Monthly Email newsletters and annual conference
Mission programming – Grant and paid project work that achieves mission stated above, training workshops, tabling events.
PRO BONO PROJECT DESCRIPTION
FoHVOS is now managing “The Strike Team” (http://njisst.org/) — a statewide program to eradicate newly emerging and highly threatening invasive plant species. The Strike Team includes almost 200 partner organizations and hundreds of private citizens working toward this common goal.
FoHVOS is in need of a marketing/communications plan, focusing on the work of this project, to help increase exposure, membership and donations. The Strike Team project has its own mission, budget and p/l responsibilities.
This project should include:
- A review of FoHVOS current marketing approach
- Creation of “Strike Team” business objectives
- Development of the “Strike Team” marketing objectives and strategies
- Suggested communications and community outreach
- Expected results/outcomes
- Additional professional suggestions for project improvement will be appreciated
Expected Outcomes/Outputs of Project:
- Fully developed written marketing plan that is scaled to our ability to execute
- Presentation to the board upon completion
Experience Required: MBA and/or 5+ years job experience, creating marketing and communications plans. Experience with nonprofits or conservation groups is a plus.
Approximately 30-40 hours which can be completed virtually after the initial meeting.