You’re just in time! Applications are now being accepted for our Fall Meet & Greet. Please click HERE for the application for the December 11th Meet & Greet Nonprofit Fair. The Deadline to apply is NOVEMBER 22ND.
Is your nonprofit organization looking to expand its board of trustees? Does your board need new leadership or new ideas? If so, then BoardConnect is your solution! This top-rated program for prospective nonprofit board members features two components: (1) training by content experts on essential topics to help prepare individuals to be proactive, highly effective members of a nonprofit board; and (2) facilitation of introductions to area nonprofit organizations interested in having participants join on a committee or board level.
Participants are selected for the BoardConnect program based on their relevant professional experience, skills, talents, and interest in nonprofit service, so that they can best be connected with appropriate nonprofit partners. They receive eight hours of training on topics involving governance, legal matters, fiduciary responsibilities, advocacy, and fundraising. All sessions are taught by subject experts. Attendance at all four training sessions is mandatory. Upon completion of the program, participants will attend the Meet and Greet Nonprofit Fair, where they will be introduced to selected nonprofits in an effort to facilitate a connection.
Join the program that is setting nonprofits up for success! BoardConnect Alumni have gone on to join boards that are creating social change such as, The Arts Council of Princeton, Campfire NJ, Dress for Success, Easel Animal Rescue, Enable, Homefront, Interfaith Caregivers, Kidsbridge, LALDEF, MillHill Child & Family Development, One Simple Wish, Princeton Blairstown, Princeton Nursery School, Sourland Conservancy, Trenton Music Makers and many more.
Meet & Greet Nonprofit Fair – Nonprofit Participant Requirements:
VolunteerConnect is proud to offer this BoardConnect program to selected nonprofit partners. Both partnering nonprofits and program graduates will gain uniquely valuable benefits from taking part in this program.
The following requirements must be met by the organizations in order to apply for this opportunity. This is to ensure the best experience by both the participant and the nonprofit.
- Current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Annual budget at least $50K
- 3+ years since incorporation
- Current Board composed of 5+ trustees
- Board must have 2+ NON-founding members
- Up-to-date Board Member Expectations Description
- Commitment by the Executive Director and/or at least one board member to attend our Meet and Greet Nonprofit Fair
- Commitment to evaluations and interviews from VolunteerConnect for up to one year post initial connection
- If selected for participation, a partnership facilitation fee of $100 will be paid to VolunteerConnect, with the understanding that there is no guarantee that a match will be made
For additional information, email Amy Klein, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609.921.8893.