Storytelling Arts is seeking a Public Relations/Communications Consultant! Read on to find out more…
General Description of Project:
Impact driven nonprofit is in need to formalize a communications strategy and annual plan to better reach their audience and have a consistent message aligned with the nonprofit’s mission. The project needs to be scoped for a small staff and minimal budget but ensure maximum reach.
- Create written annual communication plan including but not limited to:
- Review of current tactics and audience
- Recommendation for a strategy with sustainable outreach (use of social media, direct mail, press relations, etc..)
- Creation of useable tools that may include: press release templates, media calendar, social media guidance, thought leadership articles, etc..
- Connection to media outlets, where possible and appropriate
Expected Outcomes/Outputs of Project:
- Written annual communications plan scaled to serve small nonprofit. Presentation to the board at a mutually agreed time would be beneficial.
- Increased audience awareness of nonprofit’s impact and increase of audience participation over time.
- 3+ years in public relations and/or communications. Strategic and practical background in communications very useful. Experience with nonprofits a plus.
Time Commitment: Approximately 30-40 hours which can be completed virtually after the initial meeting. Looking for project completion by the end of November.
About Storytelling Arts: http://storytellingartsinc.org
Storytelling Arts imparts stories and storytelling to help students connect learning with life skills.
Our vision is to transform the educational environment and empower students, teachers and parents to reach their full potential for the benefit of themselves and their community.
Storytelling Arts, Inc. was founded in 1996 to bring professional storytellers together who are dedicated to bringing stories and the power of storytelling to classrooms, educators, and community organizations. Since our inception, we have had the privilege to work with over 28,500 participants all across NJ and we are proud to have had a positive impact on educators, students, parents and communities.