The JISU (Joy in Siblings United) Experience is seeking a Pro Bono Grant Writer! Read on to find out more…
TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN THE OPPORTUNITY LISTED BELOW, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND APPLICABLE SKILLS BY CLICKING ON THIS VOLUNTEER INTAKE FORM. THANK YOU!
Volunteer Title: Pro Bono Grant Writer
General Description of Project: Grant research and submission on behalf of The JISU Experience, thus enabling us to reach out and provide services to as many children as possible.
Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years in grant writing.
- Learn and understand the model for the JISU Experience for funding purposes
- Identify approximately five (5) possible funding sources
- Recommend a grant option
- Work with JISU leadership to create grant focus, ask amount and any supplemental materials needed
- Write and submit grant
Expected Outcomes/Outputs of Project: Successful completion of one written & submitted grant on behalf of JISU
Time Commitment: Approximately 30-40 hours; can be completed virtually after initial meeting
About the Organization:
The JISU (Joy in Siblings United) Experience is a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity. We provide resources and services free of charge to children, ages 7 to 21 plus, who have been separated from or reunited with their siblings due to foster, adoption, kinship care, divorce, death, or other partings. We also work with children who are experiencing bonding within the same household.
The organization’s mission is to provide education and experiences to these children in order to (1) mend the fractured bond between siblings, and (2) prepare them for a positive and productive transition into adulthood.
The goals of The JISU Experience are:
- To reach and help as many children as possible and provide the resources of the organization to help them develop in a positive and productive manner;
- To assist them in avoiding the pitfalls of the criminal justice and mental health networks;
- Through workshops, social and recreational experiences, counseling, mentoring and other experiences, to assist the children of JISU in facilitating their relationship and improving their sibling bond.