The Boys & Girls Clubs is seeking a “Career Academy” Project Consultant! Read on to find out more…
General Description of Project: The Club is currently developing numerous “Career Academies” around various career pathways/jobs and is seeking a skilled professional to help with the continued expansion. They are seeking to develop new pathways to add to their current program. This Fall they are including STEM, IT and CPA careers. New pathways should include partnerships between local businesses and colleges/schools. They should also include both instruction and practical internship experience either at the Club or off site. Pathways can be very specific and/or general to a special career field.
- 3+ years’ experience in program development. HR and/or career guidance a plus.
- Work with staff in working out the possible design of the academy pathway, potential sponsors and practical experience.
- Conduct research on career/job trends in that area, available curriculum or best practice for the programs and make a written recommendation to the Club professional staff for the final design of the academy.
- Identify area colleges/schools and businesses to approach for support of this career academy.
- Develop a recruitment strategy of area high school students for the program.
Expected Outcomes/Outputs of Project: Written, completed research and strategy developing a successful new career pathway project which the staff can implement by June 2018.
Time Commitment: Approximately 40-60 hours which can mostly be completed virtually, with 2-3 in person planning and touch point meetings.
About the Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County provides young people, ages 5 to 18, in Mercer County with social, enrichment and recreational activities through after-school, weekend, and summer programs. Program focus on improving youth outcomes in education & careers, character development & leadership, and developing healthy lifestyles through physical activity and healthy living. Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County after school and enrichment programs.
Each year, more than 2,600 youths in the Greater Mercer County area attend programs in our Trenton Clubhouse, six public school sites in the City of Trenton, and our Clubhouse in Lawrence Twp. Teens from five area high schools enroll in job preparation programs, complete paid internships, and prepare for post-graduate careers. More than 700 children and teens attend our summer camps.
Our Mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.