New! BoardConnect Diversity & Inclusion Board Training Program For Nonprofits
Board diversity is essential to effective execution of mission and strategy. VolunteerConnect is inviting applicants for a pilot program focusing on specialized training to support enhanced diversity on nonprofit boards. The goal of this program is to train individuals with an interest in serving on boards, and willing to partner with selected nonprofits that are focused to increase diversity on their boards. The Nonprofit board members and potential board members will participate in the program together.
- Training on topics including Board Governance, Navigating Diversity and Inclusion, Fiduciary Responsibilities, Fundraising and Legal Issues.
- The opportunity to meet and be matched with trained potential board member participants from the program including participation at the Meet & Greet Nonprofit Fair on April 29th. This Fair will provide you the opportunity to talk one on one with the prospective board members . We have a “speed-dating” like format, followed by an open networking session to give you additional time to connect with the candidates.
- Additional training with subject expert in facilitating and cultivating cultural inclusiveness.
The nonprofit agrees to:
- Send one board member to attend all training sessions.
- Identify a Board “peer” to work with the new board member in order to maximize their opportunity to take on an active role on the board after the participant has accepted an offer to be on your board.
Course Schedule & Location:
Location: Stark & Stark, 993 Lenox Dr., Building 2, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
April 1: Intro./Navigating Diversity & Inclusion 6-8:30pm
April 22: Board Governance 6-8:30pm
April 29: Meet & Greet 7-8:30pm
May 6: Fiduciary Responsibilities 6-8:30pm
May 13: Fundraising 6-8:30pm
May 20: Legal Issues 6-8:30pm
Fee is based on a sliding scale:
Nonprofit revenue Fee
Under $1 million $500
$1-$2 million $750
Over $2 million $1000